Friday, November 8, 2019

Story Lab

This week for the story lab assignment I watched the two TED talk videos. I thought the videos were really insightful and thought-provoking.

The first woman was a great storyteller and orator. I think I could listen to her talk for hours on end. I thought she did a great job at making her speech funny at times to. I had never given much thought to the characters I know. I grew up in the western world so it was something I never had to worry about. I thought it was particularly funny when she brought up how badly she wanted to try ginger beer.

The second video was also super informative. I thought it was really cool how she was a psychology professor at OU. It was surprising to hear how much people consumer Harry Potter, but it made sense. I was surprised how attached people felt to fictional characters, but I also wasn't that surprised. Bridge to Terrabithia is still the most emotionally scarring I have ever seen. That death hit me harder than any other fictional death. I didn't know kids could die at that point in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment