Sunday, September 8, 2019

Feedback Strategies

Another enjoyable topic that we covered this week. I appreciate how we're learning useful things like this in a mythology course. Did not expect it at all, but I'm glad I'm here. My feedback skills could definitely use some work. I feel pretty good in my ability to give positive feedback, but I am not great at dishing out criticism.

Since I am not in charge of anything, the first article I read was "How to Provide Great Feedback When You’re Not In Charge." I cannot think of a time where my feedback has ever changed someone's life, which is making me think more seriously about how I give feedback. I liked how the author broke feedback down into 3 types. Now I plan on focusing my feedback more and using it as a tool to motivate people. (https://fs.blog/2016/02/provide-feedback/)

The other article I read was "Try Feedforward Instead of Feedback" by Marshall Goldsmith. I like the play on words he does in the title. I don't necessarily understand how feedback can't be focused on the past because you can't give feedback on things that haven't happened yet, but I'm not the feedback expert. I completely agree with him when he says how crucial it is to help people learn to be right rather than show them they are wrong. (https://www.marshallgoldsmith.com/articles/try-feedforward-instead-feedback/)

Image result for feedback
The most basic form of feedback. Source

No comments:

Post a Comment