Monday, September 16, 2019

Storybook Plan

First of all I think the unTextbook will be a very useful resource as a sort of jumping off point. I think Wikipedia will also be useful for foundational ideas. I plan on lots of other adaptations of the stories I choose as inspiration. I will also be going through former students story books for ideas.

I think I definitely want to do an anthology. I think it would be the most fun to tell trickster stories that myself and most people are unfamiliar with, so I will definitely be enlisting your help this week to get some of those ideas rolling. I am still undecided if I want to have a nine-taled fox story or a story about Kagn, but I will be doing much deliberating this week to get a concrete idea of what it is that I want to do.

I guess the main theme I am going for with my stories is that I want them to be fun. This might sound very simple, but no one likes to be bored. I think if I can make stories that people enjoy reading without it feeling like a chore or homework then it will be mission accomplished. The second thing I am really going for is to showcase the wit of some of these infamous tricksters. Finally, I want to tell unfamiliar stories to expose myself and classmates to new things. I personally love learning new things, and I have to be constantly taking in new information. Especially in the era of entertainment that we are in with the constant remakes, reboots, and sequels I think it is important to tell new stories. I am not a fan of milking a franchise for all its worth. We need some fresh stories.

Image result for trickster
An Aztec trickster god. Source

Check at my very bare bones story book project so far here.  

No comments:

Post a Comment