Sunday, September 1, 2019

Topic Brainstorm

The first topic I think would be interesting is a trickster story. I really liked the trickster story we read in the anthology this week and I am a fan of tricksters in general. I can appreciate a nice clever scheme. The only trickster myths I am really familiar with are stories about Loki, but I would love to read up on more. After looking at the wikipedia for tricksters this is a lot of material and inspiration to work with. https://mythfolklore.blogspot.com/2017/07/project-idea-tricksters.html

Another topic I think I would enjoy writing about is the Greek underworld. I'm sure I'm not the only one who loved Hercules as a kid, and Hades was a great villain. However, I think the non Disney version of Hades is much more fascinating, as he is not just some one-dimensional bad guy. To my understanding he isn't even much of a villain. I also think I would enjoy writing about Persephone or Cerberus. https://mythfolklore.blogspot.com/2017/07/project-idea-greek-underworld.html

What's behind door number three? It's ghost stories! I love being scared. Well I don't like being scared in real life but I like suspense, and I think ghost stories are a great outlet for that. I enjoy a good spook. For this one I also think there will be plenty of great source material to go off of. I was a huge fan of Casper growing up. Writing a comical ghost story would also be a lot of fun. https://mythfolklore.blogspot.com/2017/07/project-idea-ghost-stories.html

Finally the fourth topic I think I could write about is the devil. Sympathy for the Devil is one of the best songs of all time, and that's really all the inspiration that I need. Kidding! Kind of. I think the devil is a really interesting character to write about. He has a lot of depths and different things to explore in a story. After browsing some of the devil stories I think I could come up with some pretty interesting stuff. https://mythfolklore.blogspot.com/2017/07/project-idea-devil.html

Image result for ghost
A spooky ghost. Source

No comments:

Post a Comment