Wednesday, October 9, 2019

Week 8 Reading and Writing

Overall the reading and writing assignments are working well for me. So far I have had no trouble knocking out the readings and the notes. The readings are definitely the easiest part because I get to have story time as an assignment. So far none of the stories have been dis-interesting enough to where reading them felt like a chore.

I am as satisfied with my blog as I am going to be. I really appreciate well designed and creative things, but I am not good at executing the creative for myself. I think the minimalist layout I have going is just right for me.

I need to step up my writing for my project. I've had quite a bit of work in my other classes these past two weeks so unfortunately my project has been put on the back burner. I am having fun with what I have researched so far, but I need to finish the research for my other two stories so I can crank out the writings. I feel like my story posts are going great though. I have a good time writing them.

My biggest accomplishment has to be the story posts. There is something very fun about taking classic tales and adopting them to sillier, more elementary versions.

I haven't really even used my reading notes when making my story posts. I have written them while the story is still fresh in my mind so I haven't had to go back and look at anything. When I am reading the stories I will get ideas for how I could adapt them, and then once its time to write the story post I just go with one of my ideas.

My main note taking strategy hasn't changed; I always focus on the plot. However, I really enjoy taking note of beautiful sentences now. They don't contribute much to my reading posts, but I like being able to appreciate when someone has crafted something truly remarkable with words. It helps me become a better wordsmith myself.

 
Listen to Car Seat Headrest.

No comments:

Post a Comment