Thursday, August 22, 2019

Growth Mindset

I have never heard of Carol Dweck before, but I thought the growth mindset she describes is fascinating and thought-provoking. I had not considered this before. I agree with what she has to say; being challenged might stress me out and frustrate me, but it is a great motivator. I feel like I have not been challenging myself lately, and thanks to this video I am going to try and change that.

During my time I have spent at OU I have learned that if I can coast by I will. My biggest challenge about learning new things is getting started. Once I get going I enjoy a little challenge, but before I begin something I dread the challenge. I would much rather take the easy way out if that is an option. I will absolutely enjoy learning more about the growth mindset this semester.

I am starting to get deeper into my major classes so my workload is increasing. I was not looking forward to having to do more, but after learning about the growth mindset I feel a little more motivated. I do not have any goals this semester other than trying to get a 4.0, but I have been trying to read more this year and so far I have given it a pretty miserable attempt. I used to love reading as a kid, and I want to get that love back.

What happens to your brain when you utilize
the growth mindset. Source: Flickr

No comments:

Post a Comment