Sunday, August 25, 2019

Time Strategies.

I think having set days to work on the class will be the most helpful time strategy. I enjoy the freedom that online classes offer, but I will admit that sometimes I will put them off or not give them as much effort as I would in my classes on campus.

I like what Jory Mackay had to say in The Important Habit of Just Starting. I like the formula Mackay gives for motivation. It is nice to have things broken down and contextualized in a way I had not thought about before. The concrete definition makes it plain and simple what you have to do.

I try to be pretty meticulous with my planning. I feel like I need planning and structure to di my best work. I have found calendars and checklists incredibly helpful in setting up my days, weeks, and months. Lauren Marchese offered some great insight into checklists in The Psychology of Checklists.

 A simple checklist. Source

No comments:

Post a Comment