Tuesday, August 20, 2019

Storybook Favorites


The Others in Wonderland
Alice in Wonderland was one of my favorite movies growing up. It never failed to mesmerize me. I would love to get the backstory on the other characters. Even though Alice is the star of the show, she would be nothing without her amazing supporting cast. I think an examination into the lives of the side characters would be very fascinating. I enjoy how the author of this piece sets up the story from all of the angles. We know how Alice ended up in Wonderland, now we get a bit of knowledge of the world she stepped into.

Tale of the Traveling Cat
From the first sentence of the introduction I knew I would like this one. I'm a huge fan of bicycle riding cats. I want to know more about this alternate world where cats indulge in fine art and drink white wine. Then it just jumps right into it and introduces the concept of time travel to their world. I like the author's writing style and his take on a "cool cat." I think the minimalist layout that was chosen is very tasteful. The image of the cat wearing the giant sunglasses-goggles hybrid is initially what caught my eye and made me click the story.


A cat on a motorcycle sans sunglasses. Source: Pixabay

The Cat Gods & The Tales of Heraclaws
Once again I initially clicked on this one because of cats. I am familiar with Greek mythology thanks to Rick Riordan, but I do not know the actual story. I watched the Disney version countless times as a kid, but I have my doubts as to how true to the source material it is. The title did a great job of conveying what the story is going to be about. I am a sucker for puns. The introduction does a great job of setting the scene, and it piqued my interest and made me want to keep reading.I think the overall layout and design of the site is nothing special, but I really respect the author's commitment to feline based puns.

No comments:

Post a Comment